Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Have you ever had your house "sealed" for cracks, etc?

To eliminate the entrance of insects, drafts, etc., have any of you had your house professionally sealed (that is fillers for your insulation, sealing cracks, etc) by a company or handyman? If so could you share (1) why you did it, and (2) was it effective? There are several house sealing companies in Arizona that are rated A+ by Arizona's Better Business Bureau. In Arizona, as in my home, there are abundant scorpions and they easily get indoors. I have had that happen in my home and am terrified. I do not live in Arizona but I still am in a desert community, and my pest control companies, while consistent and responsible, can't keep these monsters from entering my home. I have heard that some reputable companies can come in and fix the cracks and other "open" home entrance points. I have an uncluttered and clean home and very little in and out traffic. So if you have actually done something like this to your home, especially for insects, and you have a home that's older, please share your experience, whether positive or negative. It almost sounds too good to be true because by design, houses continue to "settle" so in my view, what is sealed can become unsealed. Your experiences would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment