Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I have had arthritis type pain all over for 3 weeks, what could i have?

Let me start with this, about 7 weeks ago I started having sharp pain in my upper abdomen on the right side. Went to the doctor, had blood drawn then had an ultrasound. Ultrasound showed I had 2 gallstones so 2 weeks later I had it removed laproscopicaly. Surgery went great, went home that day. 3 or 4 days after surgery I ran a mild fever for 2 days. Doctor didn't really think it was anything bc I wasn't in pain around my surgery area and my incisions were fine. The fever went away and I was fine. Then 9 days post op I started running a low grade fever accompanied by severe body aches/joint pain. I was pretty sure I had the flu. I was a little nauseated too. On the 4th day of the fever and aches I went to the doctor. It was dismissed as a viral flu that had to run its course. So I waited... and the fever last the rest of the week (8 days total). It finally broke and never came back..but something else lingered. The joint pain stayed and on top of it I have a cold. The joint pain is horrible in the mornings and at night. I literally feel like an 90 year old woman when I wake up. I take aleve and it helps but not completely. I went back to my doctor last Monday and they took like 7 tubes of blood. They ruled out rheumatoid arthritis and they said my liver functions were normal but white cell count is high. So now they are sending me to a hematologist!! They told me not to worry. They don't think I have cancer. But I'm still a little spooked. Its so frustrating to think after a surgery that in a couple weeks your going to feel better only to feel worse!!! Its going on 3 weeks that I've been dealing with this. Anyone have any similar experiences?? I also know the symptoms of lupus. I have absolutely no family history and they don't seem to think that's what it is. I don't have any rashes of any kind like most get with lupus.

No comments:

Post a Comment